The Warehouse Associate/Driver transports product from warehouse to multiple locations, as well as picking up product from said locations to destination (i.e., store or corporate). Responsible for home deliveries as well as picking up shipments from airport. Stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise.
- Read shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving to bins or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Direct movement of product to ensure proper shipment to stores.
- Pull orders from bins placing them on pallets or shelves; relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Responsible for delivering merchandise for all store locations as well as home deliveries.
- Transport equipment to Mancon (sister company) for repair as well as pickup and delivery.
- Maintain company vehicles, i.e., checking oil or any other services.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for personnel.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness.
- Weigh and measure new products to ensure conformance for shipping orders.
- Wear the proper safety equipment.
- Maintain and operate forklifts and company vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to Safely Operate a Forklift and delivery vehicles
- Ability to pass company driving test, background check and drug test
- Must possess an understanding of OSHA safety rules for warehouse work
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds at a time unassisted
- Computer skills
- Communication proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Technical capacity
- Mathematical skills
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Working about 20-25 hours per week may be required at times.
Occasional evening, weekend and holiday work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Some warehouse experience preferred.