The Merchandiser is responsible to assure point-of-purchase and shelf management services focusing on a variety of product lines and stock/ displays.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by providing guest a friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Determine call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Maintain customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintain store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintain inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Observe display and pricing of competitors’ products.
- Help Floor Associates with special promotions by setting up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provide information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of competition in assigned area.
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for all pricing (tags) and signage of everyday and sales/promotion items.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Product Knowledge
- Quality and Customer Focus
- Organization Skills
- Competitive Analysis Skill.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Marketing Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Written and Oral Communications Skills
- Computer Proficiency
This job operates in a retail environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, bend and sit. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25-50 pounds infrequently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. May require working over 40 hours a week at times. Shifts vary and will require working some weekends and holidays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience
Some experience in merchandising and familiarity with pet care products, pricing, advertising and marketing.