The Customer Service Clerk welcomes and serves customers by providing information; responding to requests; resolving problems; directing customers to staff who can best assist them.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest-friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Provide information to customers by verifying understanding of request; answering questions; aiding and responding to customers’ needs.
- Initiate service by recording requests, forwarding to manager.
- Improve quality results by evaluating processes, recommending changes.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, along with personal research.
- Perform totaling of bills of sale, accepting payments and making change for customers customary in a retail environment with complete POS accuracy and accountability.
- Inform customers of sales, services, and upcoming store events, as well as community-wide events.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participates in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures overstock is promptly executed.
- Ensure all supplies are on hand, informing manager if any are needed.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Adhere to all safety procedures according to company and OSHA standards.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Multi-tasking Ability
- Basic Math Skills
- Ethical Conduct
This job operates in a retail environment. Telephone and high frequency requests are the norm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED.
Preferred Education and Experience
Customer Service Skills and Effective Communication Skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.